Food for the Soul, part of the Lunch on Us series, is a weekly noontime discussion focused on topics relevant to the many communities globally within the African Diaspora and our allies.
- Day: Wednesdays
- Time: 12:00-1:00 pm
- Location: Bruce D. Nesbitt African American Cultural Center
1212 W. Nevada Street, Urbana, IL 61801
Fall 2023 Topics
- 8/30: Let’s Chat About Study Abroad!
- 9/6: Black & Latinx Summit Committee Informational!
- 9/13: Suicide Prevention in Black Communities
- 9/20: Black American Sign Language Matters!
- 9/27: Open Your Ears to Afro-Latinx Music Genres! Listening Session & Discussion
- 10/4: Graduate School Discussion Panel W/ the Black Graduate Student Association!
- 10/11: Reckoning, Restitution and Repair: African Art and the Politics of Return
- 10/18: Baby Hairs & Afros: A Tribute to Black Hairstyles Influence on the Culture
- 10/25: Young Alumni Spotlight W/ Jaylin McClinton!
- 11/1: Inside Scoop With Alexis Pauline Gumbs!
- 11/8: Explore the C-U African American Heritage Trail!
- 11/15: Transgender Awareness Week: Advancing Advocacy
- 11/22: World Aids Day: Global Solidarity, Shared Responsibility
- 12/6: Kwanzaa Celebration W/ BFAPA