Food for the Soul, part of the Lunch on Us series, is a weekly noontime discussion focused on topics relevant to the many communities globally within the African Diaspora and our allies.
- Day: Wednesdays
- Time: 12:00-1:00 pm
- Location: Bruce D. Nesbitt African American Cultural Center
1212 W. Nevada Street, Urbana, IL 61801
Spring 2023 Topics
Lunch and learn with us every Wednesday from 12-1 pm at BNAACC!
- January 25: Welcome B(l)ack to Campus
- February 1: Happy Black History Month!
- February 8: Health is Wealth Trivia!
- February 15: Dine Diaspora: Foods That Unite Us!
- February 22: Let's Chat: Debunking Myths of Professionalism
- March 1: Black & Queer: Toolkit To Becoming an Ally
- March 8: Got 99 Problems, But Leadership Ain't One!
- March 22: Noontime Discussion W/ Grammy Award-winning LaToya Lain
- March 29: Exploring Local Black History Through the African American Heritage Trail
- April 5: Black Manga!
- April 12: Black Muslim Women's Contributions to Black Power Movements
- April 19: Inside Scoop W/ Poet Nikki Finney
- April 26: Reflection & Ramadan
- May 3: Family Reunion BBQ
If there is a topic you'd like to present as it relates to the Black/African diaspora, please reach out to Assistant Director Cherisse Smith at email@example.com to show your interest.